Considered one of the most technically demanding and brilliant works for solo piano, Albéniz’s Iberia is a sumptuous musical evocation of Spain. Together with works by fellow Spanish composers, Granados and de Falla, New Zealand pianist Lorelle McNaughton takes us on a colourful and varied guided tour.
Having developed a specialisation in Spanish repertoire, McNaughton moved to Barcelona to study at the Academia Marshall and Liceu Conservatori under renowned pianists and pedagogues Marta Zabaleta, Albert Attenelle and Carlota Garriga—contemporaries and disciples of the great Alicia de Larrocha. As a performer and researcher, Lorelle enjoys a growing reputation as an interpreter of the music of Albéniz, Granados, Falla, Mompou, and other Spanish composers.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
The concert is presented in association with Chamber Music NZ.
Sunday 29 May 2022 - St. Andrew's on The Terrace