Andrew Beer (Auckland Philharmonia Concertmaster), Sarah Watkins (well-known collaborative pianist and 2020 NZ Best Classical Artist) and Lev Sivkov (Russian cellist – international competition winner including of the Naumburg and Principal Zürich Opera Orchestra) play as the Levansa Trio.
While Dvořák and Tchaikovsky are well known, as is NZ composer Claire Cowan, Sviridov is probably a new name. He is a 20th century Russian composer who studied under Shostakovich. This trio won the 1946 Stalin prize which makes it surprising that the work hasn’t become better known.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
Sunday 31 July
3:00 pm, St. Andrew's on The Terrace
Antonín Dvořák – Piano Trio No. 2 in G minor Op. 26
Claire Cowan – Ultraviolet
Georgy Sviridov – Piano Trio in A minor
Pyotr Tchaikovsky – Piano Trio in A minor Op. 50