The Armstrong Hambleton Liu Trio is made up of three of New Zealand’s leading chamber musicians: violinist Donald Armstrong, French horn Alex Hambleton and pianist Jian Liu.
Donald Armstrong is Associate Concertmaster of the NZ Symphony Orchestra and a well-known recitalist and chamber musician in New Zealand. Alex Hambleton, formerly a French horn player in the Gothenburg Opera Orchestra, has recently returned to join the horn section of the NZ Symphony Orchestra. Jian Liu, well known to audiences in New Zealand, is an internationally regarded pianist and Head of Piano Studies at the NZ School of Music.
A treat for horn lovers, Brahms‘ sumptuous Horn Trio is justifiably the most famous piece written for this combination. To this, Anthony Ritchie adds his own response, while Beethoven’s Horn Sonata opens the programme with characteristic boisterousness and playfulness.
How to buy tickets:
Single tickets are $40, or $10 for those under 26. A school child attending with an adult who has purchased a full-price ticket is free.
You can buy single tickets by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying by internet banking to
38-9015-0271891-00 with your name in the reference so we can identify you
• Booking online at: Eventfinda Bookings (transaction fees apply)
• Booking over the counter at ‘Visitor i-Sites’ in Wellington, Lower Hutt, Carterton, Masterton and Martinborough
• Phoning Eventfinda: 0800BUYTIX or 0800 289 849 Note: Eventfinda will not accept postal bookings or payment by cheque. Tickets for all online and phone bookings will be emailed to you.
• At the venue: from 2:30pm on the day of the concert (cash only).
Sunday 16 July
3:00 pm, St. Andrew's on The Terrace
Ludwig von Beethoven – Sonata for Horn and Piano in F Major, Op. 17
Clara Schumann – Romance for Violin and Piano, Op. 22
Anthony Ritchie – New Commission
Johannes Brahms – Trio in E-flat major for Horn, Violin, and Piano, Opus 40